- 1 Ooni 3 Pizza Oven Review
- 2 The Design
- 3 Key Features Of Ooni 3 Pizza Oven
- 4 Pros & Cons Of The Ooni 3 Pizza Oven
- 5 Who Is The Ooni 3 Pizza Oven For?
- 6 Conclusion
Ooni 3 Pizza Oven Review
The idea of baking Neapolitan style pizza from the comfort of the home sounds tempting to many pizza lovers. You can enjoy the taste of freshly-baked pizzas, with toppings adding to your liking, and share them with your loved ones.
The Ooni 3, the world’s first portable wood-fired pizza oven, was created for just this mission. Since its debut on Kickstarter in the year 2012 and has gained incredible popularity. Let’s look at our in-depth reviews to see if the Ooni 3 pizza oven can rival those in your local pizza restaurants.
Specification Of Ooni 3 Pizza Oven
|Specifications||Ooni 3 Pizza Oven|
|Dimension||23 x 17 x 28 inches|
|Height Including Chimney||25.2 inches|
|Material||Professional-grade 430 stainless steel|
|Maximum Pizza Size||13 inches|
|Fuel Type||Wood pellets, natural gas|
|Maximum Temperature||932 degrees F|
What’s In The Package:
- Ooni 3 wood-fired pizza oven
- Wood burner
- A cordierite pizza baking stone
- A pizza peel
- User manual
The Ooni 3 pizza oven is among the best designs we’ve come across in the category of wood-fired pizza ovens. The fire box is at the back of the oven, while the chimney is closer to the front to promote a nice heat flow. There is an easy-to-slide tray that is ideal for inserting the initial wood pellets and for easy cleaning.
The pellet chute is located at the top of the fire box that allows you to add wood pellets throughout the cooking using the wood pellet scoop. This scoop also doubles as a chimney cap, so there’s no need to worry about rainwater entering the chimney when not in use.
You can ignite this pizza oven with a starter cube in the first place or via the blow torch hole if the pellet tray is already in its position. Once the oven is ignited, it takes only 10 minutes to heat up, and you’re ready to go. If you’re baking on windy days, face the back of the oven towards the wind for the best results.
The pizza baking stone is made of cordierite, which is known for the superiority of retaining heat. Thanks to this cordierite pizza stone, the pizzas come out with a nice, even finish from top to bottom.
- Ooni 3, our award-winning wood fired pizza oven, is one of the most innovative cooking gadgets in the pizza ovens world
- Perfect for your outdoor patio or garden, the Ooni 3 portable pizza oven cooks delicious pizzas in just 60 seconds
- Heats up to 932ºF in just 10 minutes and runs on energy-efficient, sustainably sourced wood pellets
Key Features Of Ooni 3 Pizza Oven
1. Stainless Steel Body
The main body of the Ooni pizza oven is made of premium 430 stainless steel, which is incredibly robust to withstand high heat. It is also well insulated to reflect the heat to the baking stone and the pie. The stainless steel gives the oven lasting durability and a sleek appearance to flatter any alfresco cooking area. This oven also features wooden handles at the oven door and in the fire box, but we found they are slightly flimsy.
2. Reliable Cooking Performance
The stainless steel body of this unit can easily achieve the cooking temperature of 932 degrees F (500 degrees C) in no more than 10 minutes. This high temperature range allows you to make authentic Neapolitan pizza in no time. Thus, you can get perfect pizza with a touch of wood-fired smoky flavor any day of the week.
The pizzas coming out from this Ooni 3 oven are crisp and well-cooked. The wood fire also spreads heat pretty well for mouth-watering bubbly cheeses. However, it’s worth noting that the rear of this oven tends to get hot, and it’s best to give your pies a turn to cook them evenly. Besides authentic delicious pizza, this oven is also ideal for roasting fish, meat, and veggies.
We also found that the inside of the oven is quite cramped. Also, the included pizza peel is virtually the same size as the oven’s opening, which makes it a bit hard to turn your pie halfway through cooking.
This Ooni 3 oven setup is incredibly simple, which means you can break it down into smaller parts for bringing along to campsites. Reassembling is straightforward, too. It takes you only around 20 minutes to put everything back together.
The chimney is attached to the oven via a clip, and it is easy to take off in seconds. You can also fold the legs underneath to prevent them getting in your way when transporting the oven. With 27.5 pounds, and a dimension of 23 x 17 x 28 inches, Ooni 3 is a light, compact, and portable pizza oven.
Unlike its predecessors, which come in 4 legs, the Ooni 3 has only 3 legs. This design further cut down the unit’s weight and made it incredibly stable on any uneven terrain. Therefore, this outdoor oven is a great choice for baking outside because you can rest it on any surface without worrying about wobbling issues.
Pros & Cons Of The Ooni 3 Pizza Oven
- Sleek stainless steel design
- Lightweight and ultra-portable
- Affordable price for an efficient wood-fired pizza oven
- Made of high-quality material to withstand harsh weather conditions
- Takes only 10 minutes to heat up
- Consistently cooks even, satisfactory pizzas
- Easy to light up
- The pellet tray is easy to slide out
- The chimney is easy to detach
- High cooking temperature
- The oven space is quite tight, making it tricky to rotate the pizza
- The back is considerably hotter than the sides and front, so it takes some practice to bake a quality pie
- Flimsy wood handles, but not a deal-breaker
Who Is The Ooni 3 Pizza Oven For?
The Ooni oven is suitable for beginners and professional chefs alike. Many chefs prize this oven for its efficiency and durability. They noted that they could cook pies to perfection with a bit of trial and error. Thanks to the pizza oven’s simplicity, inexperienced cooks can also make their own homemade pizza with less hassle.
As the package includes everything you’ll need for baking pizzas, you don’t need to purchase any extra accessories. While there are some drawbacks, this outdoor pizza oven is a reliable and affordable way to get quality pizzas right from the comfort of your own home.
The Ooni 3 is a high-performing outdoor pizza oven that consistently makes great pizza. It’s a favorite for many pizza enthusiasts with easy assembly, quick cooking time, efficiency, and durable components. It does have its own setbacks, but at the entry-level price range, you will be hard-pressed to find better pizza ovens.
You can view more on YOUTUBE VIDEO
- [TOP 15] Best Pizza Oven Reviews In 2021
- [TOP 15] Best Outdoor Pizza Oven Reviews In 2021
- [TOP 7] Best Indoor Pizza Oven Reviews In 2021
- BioLite Basecamp Pizza Dome
- Ooni 3 Pizza Oven [Testing & Review], Our Winner In 2021
- Mont Alpi Pizza Oven Review In 2021
- KettlePizza Pro 22 Kit Review In 2021
- How To Keep My Pizza Oven From Smoking?
- Types Of Pizza
- How To Reheat Pizza?
- Brick Vs Stainless Steel Pizza Oven: What’s The Difference In 2021?
- How To Defrost Pizza Dough?
- How To Stretch Pizza Dough?
- Outdoor Oven History
- How To Make Paleo Pizza Dough?
- Ooni Fyra Vs Ooni 3
- How To Set Up Your Ooni 3?
- How To Host Pizza Party?
- Making The Perfect Thin Crust Pizza
- How To Make Pizza Dough?
- Is Wood Fired Pizza Healthy?
- What Are The Different Kind Of Pizza Flavors?
- Benefits Of Pizzeria Pronto Outdoor Pizza Oven
- What Makes A Camp Chef Pizza Oven Special?
- Benefits Of Kettlepizza Oven
- How To Make Artisan Pizza?
- Pizza Industry Revenue In The U.S. & Around The World
- How To Make Elote Pizza?
- The Hype Behind Artisan Pizza
- Pizza Myths You’ve Been Led To Believe
- How Do Indoor Pizza Ovens Work?
- How To Clean A Pizza Stone?
- How To Season A Pizza Stone?
- Pizza Oven Temperatures
- How To Sharpen A Pizza Cutter?
- How To Store Pizza Dough?
- How To Build Your Own Pizza Oven in 2021?
- Wood Fired Pizza
- Pizza Hut Crust Types
- History Of Pizza: Top 10 Interesting Facts
I’m Vance Douglas, and I love making pizza. In fact, I love it so much that I decided to build my own oven to make it in. It’s a brick oven that I made myself, and it’s the best pizza oven you’ll ever find.
Making pizza is a passion of mine, and I’m always looking for new ways to make it even better. I’ve been making pizza for years, and I continue to learn more about the art every day. My goal is to create the perfect pizza, and I’m getting closer and closer every time.